Northern Plains Nitrogen will build its facility in an industrial area in the northwest quadrant of Grand Forks, ND. NPN has secured a 320-acre site – a location “as good as it gets,” according to Larry Mackie, chief operating officer of NPN.
Benefits of the Site:
- NPN owns the 320 acre site plus rail spur access.
- The community and state are solidly supportive and NPN as acquired all necessary permits.
- The site is served by critical infrastructure, including Grand Forks centralized water treatment (WWTP). The WWTP will support NPN’s plan to reclaim water, ensuring an adequate supply of process and cooling water; conserving the region’s supply of fresh water; reducing and preventing pollution; and, improving wetlands and stream habitats.
- There is access to low cost uninterrupted gas supply.
- The location also has outstanding access to transportation links, including the Burlington Northern Santa Fe rail mainlines and Interstate Highway 29 and U.S. Highway 2. NPN has worked with consultants and BNSF to complete a detailed rail network and service plan.
- Initial geo-tech drilling has been completed.
- The facility is shovel ready!